By Joe Pierce
- Long hair must be en vogue in northern Indiana - Jimmy Clausen and a bunch of his teammates had Kevin Green-like manes coming out of their helmets.
- The Irish defense had to hit the brakes about a dozen times when trying to time their blitzes. Losing your running start is a blitz-killer.
- The NBC announcing team was both clueless and pushy. As several replays were running on TV, they were talking about the play having a completely different outcome. Also, Jimmy Clausen was pestered during his post-game interview and missed half of the Alma Mater.
- Five true freshmen hit the field for the Irish Saturday: TE Kyle Rudolph, WR Michael Floyd, DE Ethan Johnson, LB Darius Fleming, & OL Braxton Cave.
- Charlie Weis deferred the coin toss. That's only the second time he's done it, with the first being against Southern Cal last year.